- agadi-nwayi: old woman
Her mother will be an agadi-nwayi by the time she’s 50.
- ekwe: a musical instrument; a type of drum made from wood
I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the ekwe because of its amazing quality of sound.
- iba; fever
Don’t just drink your vitamins whenever you’re having iba.
- eneke-nti-oba: a kind of bird
During sunset a group of eneke-nti-oba flies in the yellow-orange sky.
- jigida: a string of waist beads
I often wear a dress with jigida.
- nza: a very small bird
The little girl found a nza on the sidewalk.
- ogene: a musical instrument; a kind of gong
I didn’t pick the ogene because I found it absolutely boring to play.
- ilo: the village green, where assemblies for sports, discussions, etc., take place.
We will have a soccer match at the ilo later at 2pm.
- ndichie: elders
Always listen to the nidichie because they’ve existed longer and had more life experiences than you.
- nno: welcome
Nno back to school!